Who are We?
Throughout this document, ‘Meadowland Irises’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, and ‘Our’ refers to Meadowland Irises. Meadowland Irises is based in New Zealand.
Our Privacy Principles
Meadowland Irises is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information we collect through our websites. This includes:
- Storing your personal data securely
- Only using or sharing your personal data to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected (unless we have your explicit consent for another use, or we have a legal obligation)
- Removing or anonymizing your personal data when it is no longer needed, in line with our data retention policy
- Allowing you to exercise any rights you may have to view, correct or request removal of your personal data
This document sets out how we collect, manage, use and share your personal information. It also explains what rights you may have over any personal information we hold about you, and how you can exercise those rights.
How We Collect Information
Meadowland Irises collects a range of data when you interact with our websites. Some of the data collected is personal information about you. The personal information we collect includes:
- Data you give to us directly, typically via completing online forms, placing orders or subscribing to services
- Data we gather automatically, such as your IP address, device type, browser type, pages visited and links clicked
We use Google Analytics to collect information that helps us understand how our customers use our sites. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ . You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
Note that we do NOT use Google Analytics data to analyse the activity of individual website users – we only use the data in aggregated form.
We also use remarketing services from Google and Facebook for targeted advertising. You can opt out of these services at the following links:
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide services, information or support requested by you through our website
- to provide operational website or product-related communications such as changes to polices or terms, product safety notices
- to improve our sites and optimise your user experience
- to verify your identity in the event we need to communicate with you confidentially, or in our efforts to detect and prevent malicious or fraudulent activity
- to send you marketing communications, where we have your explicit permission to do so
- to aggregate for website activity analysis and reporting
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information with:
- Third party service providers who assist us in:
- Providing web site functionality
- Fulfilling requests you have made or orders you have placed
- Providing other services you have given us permission to provide
For example website providers, payment processors, warranty service providers, marketing companies, analytics providers
- Law enforcement and government agencies, where we believe it is required to comply with applicable law, or to exercise or defend our legal rights. This may include exchanging information with other organisations to assist in fraud detection, credit reporting and credit risk processes
- A buyer (or their agent) in connection with an actual or proposed acquisition, purchase or merger of any part of Meadowland Irises’s business
- Any other person or organisation where we have your specific, informed consent
How We Store and Protect Your Information
Meadowland Irises is committed to protecting your information from unauthorised access.
We use SSL technology to ensure all information transferred between your browser and our websites is encrypted. Our databases and computer systems have appropriate technical and physical security measures in place to ensure your data is protected.
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), you should be aware that your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, to our servers in New Zealand, Australia and USA.
How Long We Keep Your Information
This depends on the purpose or purposes for which the information was originally collected. In basic terms, the retention period will be the longest of:
- The period of time needed to fulfil the purpose for which you provided the information, plus an additional 90 days to allow for any follow up
- Where you have granted us additional usage permissions; as long as the permissions you have granted us are relevant and have not been revoked by you
- Where you own one of our products and have chosen to register its warranty; the full period of the warranty for that product, plus additional time we deem necessary to provide service, safety or recall notifications for the expected life of the product
- Where we have an ongoing business relationship with you; the full duration of our business relationship, plus any additional time we need to manage all issues arising from the termination of that relationship
- Where we believe we have a legal obligation to retain data; as long as the legal obligation exists.
We do not keep your credit card information on file. All credit card transactions are completed via Internet Banking, Paypal, eWay, Stripe or Windcave, with the security inherent in these transactions, where your credit card details are kept private.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
You have rights to access personal information we hold about you. The extent of these rights varies depending on where you live, but may include:
- The right to view and correct any of your personal information
- The right to request removal of any of your personal information (“The right to be forgotten”)
- The right to object to the way we are using your personal information
- The right to revoke any specific permission you have previously given us for use of your personal information
- The right to unsubscribe from communications we send you or subscription services we provide
If you wish to find out more about exactly what rights you have to your personal information, contact the authority responsible for privacy law in your country or region. To exercise any rights that you have, please contact us via the contact information shown below.